The Government have announced that driving lessons can resume in England from 4th July. KSL driving school have a duty of care to follow the guidelines issued by the government to stop the spread of COVID 19. Instructors will carefully follow these guidelines and pupils will be expected to adhere to KSL terms & conditions and the steps put in place to ensure health, safety and wellbeing.
KSL driving school will postpone/cancel any lesson without notice if a pupil or instructor is displaying symptoms of COVID 19. Pupils can cancel lessons at short notice without a penalty if they need to self-isolate. Refunds will not be issued but will be retained until the lesson can be rebooked.
All pupils must read the COVID 19 terms and conditions, sign the disclaimer to declare they are symptom free and agree to follow to the virus prevention measures before the lessons can go ahead. The terms and conditions are based on government business COVID 19 guidance.
KSL driving school cannot be held liable in the event that a pupil suspects they have contracted COVID 19.
The instruction car cannot be made 100% risk free and the pupil must accept the risks associated when undertaking their driving lesson.
Guidance for Instructors and Pupils
- Instructors will clean the car, wipe down the steering wheel, controls and other contact areas in between each pupil and deep clean the car at the end of each day
- Both Instructor and Pupil must sanitise their hands before entering the vehicle. Hand sanitiser will be available, or you can bring your own.
- Instructor and Pupil must wear a face mask during the lesson. Washable face mask must be clean.
- Wearing gloves is the pupil’s choice as these may hinder steering and gear change. The steering wheel will be cleaned before each lesson.
- Pupils must provide their own face masks and be responsible for bringing their own mask with them to their lessons.
- Both Instructor and Pupil should avoid touching their face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with their hands to prevent from getting infected.
- Both instructor and pupil should try to cough or sneeze into their sleeve or try to clear their throat with their mouth closed. If anyone coughs or sneezes into their hand the car must be pulled over when it is safe to do so and sanitize the hands and controls.
- If the pupil uses a tissue, the pupil will need to remove this from the vehicle after the lesson and discard of it properly.
- Both instructor and pupil will avoid unnecessary contact. If the instructor needs to make contact with the steering wheel or gear lever, the car must be pulled over when convenient to sanitise the contact areas.
- The car windows should be open where possible to ensure open ventilation and the fan set to bring air in from outside the vehicle and not circulate.
Disclaimer: This signed disclaimer will cover all lessons taken with KSL driving school
Pupil Name:………………………………. Date:…………………… Signature………………………………………..…
- I am not showing any signs of COVID 19
- I understand that I must not have my driving lesson if I have been near or around anyone that has COVID 19 and must self isolate for the required time.
- I understand the risks associated with COVID 19 when taking part in a driving lesson.
- I understand that I will need wash and sanitise my hands before entering the vehicle and sanitise my hands before exiting the vehicle.
- I understand that I will need to provide my own gloves (if choosing to wear them), clean face mask or covering to take part in my driving lesson.
- I understand that I will need to be responsible for my own hygiene regime to reduce the risk of transferring germs including COVID19.
- I understand that being in a car with another person means that the risk of transferring COVID 19 can only be reduced not prevented and that I must comply to the requirements listed in this terms & conditions.
- I understand that only myself and my instructor or myself and the examiner may be in the car at one time during a driving lesson or test.
- I understand that I must inform my instructor as soon as I am aware of any COVID 19 symptoms so that I do not risk the spread by attending the lesson and not cancelling lessons at late notice.
- I understand the risk of taking part in a driving lesson if I have any underlying health conditions that may be affected by contracting COVID 19 and I will take full responsibility and risk for my decision to take part in lessons.
- I understand the risk of taking part in a driving lesson if I live with anyone who has any underlying health conditions that may be affected by contracting COVID 19 and I will take full responsibility for my decision to take part in lessons.
I have read, understood and agree to follow KSL Driving School’s COVID 19 terms and conditions.
The Government guidelines state that If you have symptoms of COVID 19, self-isolate for 7 days.
After 7 days: if you do not have a high temperature, you can stop self-isolating, if you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal.
If you have been in close contact with or live with anyone who has Covid 19 or has been displaying signs then you should not attend your driving lesson.
If you live with someone who has symptoms, self-isolate for 14 days from the day their symptoms started. This is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to appear.
If more than 1 person at home has symptoms, self-isolate for 14 days from the day the first person started having symptoms.
If you get symptoms while self-isolating – you should self-isolate for 7 days from when your symptoms started, even if it means you’re self-isolating for longer than 14 days.
If you do not get symptoms while self-isolating – you can stop self-isolating after 14 days.
If you have symptoms or are self isolating, have a new continuous cough, loss of taste or smell and / or high temperature please do not attend training. Contact us as soon as possible and your training will be rescheduled.